Medical Assistant Careers
Avon, Lorain, and Lakewood
Balance Foot & Ankle Wellness Center is a growing and evolving surgical podiatric practice that is family owned in Lakewood. Our patient-centered practice encompasses all foot and ankle conditions from traumatic injuries, congenial conditions, skin and nail disorders, diabetic foot care and diabetic shoes, custom orthotics, in-office procedures, and wound care.
We are currently seeking a positive and enthusiastic individual to become part of our team at Balance. The Medical Assistant will function as a member of the patient care team utilizing his or her knowledge and experience in order to provide professional care with an emphasis on hospitality to patients and clients.
This position would involve diving into the clinical setting of assisting the physician while seeing patients in the office including but not limited to setting up for procedures, assisting with surgical scheduling and pre-authorizations, rooming patients, performing vitals, performing intake within Epic EMR, dispensing and fitting durable medical equipment.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Certified medical assistant or an acceptable equivalent
- Must have an enthusiastic attitude and possess excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent communication/listening skills, and basic computer knowledge.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in the medical field.
- Experience with EPIC EMR preferred.
- Comfortable with patients with various needs and disabilities.
- Properly care for equipment and use proper amounts of supplies.
- Practice HIPAA and OSHA compliance at work and off-duty.
- Complete required checklists; perform proper setup/clean up for each appointment while keeping exam rooms stocked and tidy.
- Escort patients through treatment stages, which may include greeting, checking in, rooming patients, obtaining vitals, check out.
- Document chief complaint, HPI, and medical history, and update medical records as needed with each patient.
- Assist in effective patient communication and practice building, which may include answering the phone, scheduling appointments, addressing patient needs and concerns in the office, and returning patient phone calls.
- Assist in patient issue resolutions.
- Document and maintain medical records as appropriate.
- Document any action taken as well as verbal or written advice given to the patient or patient representative within the medical record.
- Assist in filing clinical forms and documents in patient medical records.
- Assist with maintaining a clean, organized, and properly dated medication cabinet.
- Dispense and explain after-visit literature and instruction upon patient discharge.
- Make patient follow-up appointments prior to patient discharge.
- Make calls as needed to insurance companies, hospitals, and physicians’ offices.
- Communicate to management any and all occurrences involving staff or guests that require attention.
- Possess the ability to work without direct supervision.
- Maintain a positive and hospitable attitude and contribute toward a quality work environment that encourages client retention and happy staff.
- Assist in all areas of our operation and training as requested by management.