Balance Foot & Ankle Wellness Center is a growing and evolving surgical podiatric practice that is family owned in Lakewood. Our patient-centered practice encompasses all foot and ankle conditions from traumatic injuries, congenial conditions, skin and nail disorders, diabetic foot care and diabetic shoes, custom orthotics, in-office procedures, and wound care.
We are currently seeking a positive and enthusiastic individual to become part of our team at Balance. The Medical Assistant will function as a member of the patient care team utilizing his or her knowledge and experience in order to provide professional care with an emphasis on hospitality to patients and clients.
This position would involve diving into the clinical setting of assisting the physician while seeing patients in the office including but not limited to setting up for procedures, assisting with surgical scheduling and pre-authorizations, rooming patients, performing vitals, performing intake within Epic EMR, dispensing and fitting durable medical equipment.
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 1-2 years experience as a bookkeeper in a clinical/medical setting
- Full comprehension of QuickBooks
- Proficient knowledge and utilization of software programs including Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) with capacity to work with other programs utilized by the company ∙ Exemplary planning and time management skills
- High-level verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with working in a healthcare setting and handling sensitive information/maintaining HIPPA compliance is a plus
- Record and oversee daily transactions
- Work with a third-party billing service company
- Reconcile bank accounts
- Manage accounts receivable and payables
- Manage inventory
- Manage timesheets, input payroll data for third-party payroll service providers, and process paychecks ∙ Reconciles Credit Card payments
- Maintain General Ledger
- Prepare timely monthly closings
- Prepare financial statements (P&L, balance sheets, cash flow statements) by location ∙ Communicate account details to management and outside accounting professionals
We are proud to provide a competitive compensation and fringe benefit package commensurate with qualifications and experience, in addition to a unique incentive program that rewards our exemplary employees.